Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  EGR TUBE replacement gasket has restriction piece. Under Plenum or on the EGR side?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
EGR TUBE replacement gasket has restriction piece. Under Plenum or on the EGR side? by Alex.07.86GT
Started on: 10-08-2014 04:08 PM
Replies: 3 (412 views)
Last post by: Alex.07.86GT on 10-08-2014 06:51 PM
Alex.07.86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a New Felpro gasket set and I see they made an ugrade to the EGR TUBE gaskets.

EGR TUBE replacement gasket has a restriction piece. Does it go under Plenum or on the EGR side?

or it doesnt matter?

thanks!!

[This message has been edited by Alex.07.86GT (edited 10-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It goes under the plenum.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a while since I saw one of those gaskets but if memory serve me I believe there was a front & back side. If put in wrong and the restrictor part of the gasket broke loose over time, we know where the pieces would be sucked into. Not a good day.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Alex.07.86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Been a while since I saw one of those gaskets but if memory serve me I believe there was a front & back side. If put in wrong and the restrictor part of the gasket broke loose over time, we know where the pieces would be sucked into. Not a good day.

Spoon

I have the latest kit. The restricter is bigger than the hole. its not going anywhere!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock