Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  I've seen the light. Or .. no, actually, the tail lights are out.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I've seen the light. Or .. no, actually, the tail lights are out. by MaxDaemon
Started on: 10-07-2014 10:59 PM
Replies: 2 (96 views)
Last post by: MaxDaemon on 10-08-2014 12:14 AM
MaxDaemon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, my '87GT, I've spent half a day researching (including various forums here and the Ogre's Cave) and trying stuff. I bought a box of 25 twenty amp fuses and have used over a dozen of them. I've taken C500 lose and still blow the fuse every time I turn the parking lights on. I can turn the headlights on, and they come on quite nicely, but they won't go back DOWN again because I've blown the tail light fuse. Again. If I put a fuse back in (with the parking lights off) the headlights go back down. Until I turn them back on, of course. I've disconnected about every light in the car, along with the cig lighter and dimmer switch. I'm running out of ideas. I have NOT actually disconnected C100, as for one thing I can't seem to find it for sure. If it's on the firewall between the fan motor and the brake booster, I guess I know where it is. It looks a lot like C500. Does it remove the same way?

Someone posted a very nice list of everything that C500 does, does anyone have a similar list of all the things that C100 does?

And .. geez. I haven't posted here in a couple years - you guys are busier than ever!

Sadly, this is probably my swan song. This Fiero with the lighting issue is going to my nephew, and my other 86GT is up for sale. If I still have the signature file here, the yellow one is for sale. If anyone is interested. And yes, that was a shameless plug.

Thanks!

------------------

'86 GT - Now in Yellow!
'85 Silver SE V6 - automatic for the kid!

Two is enough for anyone. Isn't it? I mean .. really.. isn't it?

[This message has been edited by MaxDaemon (edited 10-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C100 between gas and brake pedals.
Like C500 inside/outside have a bolt to lock it down. Bolt head is on inside part I think.

You can get at front turn/park socket by raising HL bulb to turn then pull from the back.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much, MisterOgre!

I pulled C100 and still get a blown fuse. Soooo .. what the heck is left? The switch? I pulled it and it "looks fine" but obviously that might not be the case. What's between the switch and C100?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock