CENTRIC brand reman rear calipers by Gandalf
Started on: 10-07-2014 05:26 AM
Replies: 1 (144 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-07-2014 08:59 AM
Gandalf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after finding that my drivers side rear caliper was missing its counter spring and having snapped the bleeder anyway I decided to replace both rears with remanned calipers from RockAuto.

They arrived here yesterday in good shape. The passenger side appears to have a slightly different piston, which looks to be brand new going by the machine marks on it and the overall finish. It also had the parking brake cable, spring and lever attached to it.

The drivers side had the same design piston as in my existing caliper and had clearly been cleaned up/remanafactured and wasn't new, and there was no parking brake bracket or spring included.

I've had the passenger side apart and it all looks good, the right washers & seals in place and the parking brake self adjustment works fine on both sides.

All in all pretty happy, so it's a thumbs up for Centric rear calipers in my experience!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its getting hard to find American made auto parts and in some cases the imports are the only choice. Centric brand brake parts are Chinese rebuilt and manufactured but unlike other Chinese auto parts that I have tried, Centric seems to supply quality parts that last.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock