Clutch Brands (Sachs vs Valeo) Rock Auto mix up by Camel
Started on: 10-04-2014 09:17 PM
Replies: 1 (573 views)
Last post by: Camel on 10-04-2014 09:24 PM
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I order a Sachs clutch from Rock Auto, when it came its a Sachs box but inside is clutch disk marked Valeo and the Pressure plate is too, wrapped in Valeo paper, no name on the TOB. There was also a gas receipt from July of this year in the box (which is really weird, and I also found a return receipt for an AC Delco relay last month inside the box from that order)

I know people have report parts having other brands before, and a google search shows some people getting Valeo in a Sachs box before however I thought Sachs and Valeo were like competitors... should I ask Rock Auto for an exchange or to verify the part? I was "thinking" Sachs would be preferred under the Ram Clutch.

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 10-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I guess I found my answer, apparent;y if Sachs doesn't make the part themselves, they just use Valeo. Which is weird cause the Sachs is cheaper on Rock Auto than the Valeo branded one.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock