EGR Gaskets by J.E. Rowlett
Started on: 10-03-2014 01:28 PM
Replies: 3 (159 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-04-2014 09:57 AM
J.E. Rowlett

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J.E. RowlettSend a Private Message to J.E. RowlettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just noticed the gaskets that come off my EGR tube has a metal center reducing the size of the pipe. My new ones from fiero store: 1 has the reduced plate but the other does not. What is the purpose of this reducer and do both tube gaskets need this reducer?
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aftermarket EGR's have a reducer washer that goes under the bottom of the EGR. The correct one is stamped with the number 11. In stock form, there is a reducer gasket on the end of the tube underneath the plenum. This helps to reduce a wide open throttle situation should the EGR tube break. Should that happen the engine will easily go over 3500 rpm. That could be a problem with an automamtic when coming to a stop.

Edited to add Bloozeberry's How-To EGR replacement. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000033.html

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 10-03-2014).]

J.E. Rowlett

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J.E. RowlettSend a Private Message to J.E. RowlettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. That makes since. I have owned this fiero for over 20 years and never had the occasion to take the EGR apart.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a good description with illustrations. I won't try to paraphrase Rodney. He describes it best.
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=308

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock