88 gt suspension by odmanjd
Started on: 09-30-2014 10:36 PM
Replies: 4 (186 views)
Last post by: mcguiver3 on 10-01-2014 07:11 AM
odmanjd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for odmanjdSend a Private Message to odmanjdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, im new to the forum and to in depth car maintenance in general so please any and all answers opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

I have an 88 gt that has been wrecked. most of the damage was superficial but my passenger suspension is needing replaced and that being said i want to redo all of it.

i have no real need for hi performance suspension but i would like to upgrade from stock in the most $$ efficient way possible.

current necessities for my car to be mobile again include:

Front:
upper control arm
shock
both tie rods
possibly the spindle not entirely sure
sway bar

Rear:
strut assembly
sway bar
spindle? (not sure if that part translates from front suspension to rear suspension)

SO my question is.
What would be the easiest, least expensive and optimal way to replace/upgrade?
where would be the best place to find those parts?
does anyone have personal experience with a setup that they like and would recommend?

I dont necessarily want this to be a long term project but id be patient enough to make it worth looking at more expensive routes if necessary

Thank you in advance for your insight!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome.

The obvious place to find all of those parts (for a decent price) would be off another '88 Fiero (it's gotta be an '88, but any model will do) at the wrecking yard.

Edited to add the following, as in this case the price of new shocks and struts was less the cost used ones from the wreckers.

Originally posted by Patrick in This thread:

I bought a set of Sensa-Tracs (two struts and two shocks) a few months ago for my '88 Formula during one of their sales events (discussed HERE).

Price after (cash) rebate... $40

No, not each... for all four of them!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-30-2014).]

odmanjd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for odmanjdSend a Private Message to odmanjdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought about wrecking yards and checked. it seems id have to go a couple states over to find one in a wrecking yard unless there is a small local place that i havent called yet which is likely.. there is an 86 in my town but that would only be good for interior and perhaps body panels if im lucky enough for it to be a fastback

that being said i will keep my eyes on the forum for parts thanks for the heads up

[This message has been edited by odmanjd (edited 10-01-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by odmanjd:

that being said i will keep my eyes on the forum for parts thanks for the heads up

Check out The Mall here at PFF (you can put in a request for what you need), and since you're in Washington, perhaps see if anyone at Jet City Fieros can be of any help.
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can try looking in the mall section here.
Also try Bob Parker at Kick Hill Farm.
He is in CT and may have the parts you need.
I know he is getting out of the used parts thing but he does have some stuff left and he has always been a great guy to deal with.
For over 20 years he has been a great place for me to get the parts I've needed for all my Fieros.
Kick Hill Farm 464 Kick Hill Road Lebanon, CT 06249 Phone: 860-642-4362 Fax: 860-642-7107

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock