Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Fuel Injector Part Numbers for V6 please??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fuel Injector Part Numbers for V6 please?? by Alex.07.86GT
Started on: 09-28-2014 01:32 PM
Replies: 15 (910 views)
Last post by: MikesFirstFiero on 03-24-2020 10:38 AM
Alex.07.86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a low cost/test set of injectors to install in my 86 GT.
I can get a new set for the price of a cleaning. I'd be throwing money away if all 6 didnt clean up enough to work. So its either low cost new or refurbs in my budget.

Standard brand comes up with several numbers FJ9, FJ27, FJ27T, FJ111

Are they all the same 15lb or what do I need? is 17lb better or is that a different topic?

thanks again!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
17# is too much for a stock 2.8. Contact Fuelinjectorconnection.com at 770-888-1662. They are familiar with Fieros. Tell them you need 15# pintle style injectors and see what they have and their prices. They can rebuild and flow-match your injectors for a surprisingly low price.
Ken_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken_86gtSend a Private Message to Ken_86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also go to rockauto, look up by application. They start at about $20 each.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you already checked electrical resistance? I'd look at that before bothering to clean them.

If you want really cheap injectors just for the purposes of testing, you can always go rob a set out of a second-gen "flat top" 3.1 or 2.8- they are also 15lb/hr injectors.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

17# is too much for a stock 2.8. Contact Fuelinjectorconnection.com at 770-888-1662. They are familiar with Fieros. Tell them you need 15# pintle style injectors and see what they have and their prices. They can rebuild and flow-match your injectors for a surprisingly low price.

These guys are expensive when compared to the others!

Originally posted by Ken_86gt:

You can also go to rockauto, look up by application. They start at about $20 each.

Yes, very tempting! I just dont know if they are a good choice. do I get FJ9, OR FJ111 OR FJ27, FJ27T ????

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Have you already checked electrical resistance? I'd look at that before bothering to clean them.

If you want really cheap injectors just for the purposes of testing, you can always go rob a set out of a second-gen "flat top" 3.1 or 2.8- they are also 15lb/hr injectors.

Oh Yea! Resistance is Good! They're all 16.6ohms.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex.07.86GT

248 posts
Member since Aug 2014

Originally posted by Gall757:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/120861.html

this thread doesnt talk about any Standard Brand Fuel Injectors. Does anybody have any info on the FJ9, FJ27, FJ27T, FJ111 ?
Ken_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken_86gtSend a Private Message to Ken_86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they are all equivalent parts. Some of those parts are close outs, so they likely have been replaced by new but equivalent numbered parts.

Some discussion here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130474.html

FYI I paid $20 each to get my injectors cleaned and flow tested. Mine are for a different engine and the injectors cost more than cleaning. The company I used did not charge me for the injectors that failed. In your case I would consider buying a set of 6 new matching ones and be done with it.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anybody has bought new injectors, were they vacuum sealed??? or just caps on the ends??
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set from FIC and they were neither, but then I drove over and picked them up on the day they called me to say they were ready. They did tell me that injectors can begin to have issues if they're left exposed to the air. How long that takes, I don't know, but probably if they've had ethanol fuel run through them they could dry out much quicker. They suggested sealing them or putting a little kerosene in either end and putting them into a baggie with all the air squeezed out if you plan to store them for any time.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, "fierofool" is right about use & storage

Stock ACDelco OEM NOS injectors were vacuum sealed in a cellophane bag inside a box (little bigger than a spark plug box size). It seems later before they went out of production GM started using plastic caps on both ends.They are the pintle design. Over the last 2-3 years I have acquired 18 sealed new ones for my projects at between $25-$50 ea. But now they are almost impossible to find "sealed".

GM # 17111297
Delco # 217-284
ULTRAPOWER Part # MFI111
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FJ111
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 4G1065
ACDELCO Part # 2173451 (might be interchangeable with the above but I can not prove this for sure)

Example of GM # 17111297 Delco # 217-284

------------------
"Because in a slit second, It's gone"

Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 09-30-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
PS, I have a bunch of the flat injectors that have been professionally cleaned with new O-rings in the zip bags they came in from the supplier. If you want some of them PM me (cheap + shipping).

This type, flat

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 09-30-2014).]

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

PS, I have a bunch of the flat injectors that have been professionally cleaned with new O-rings in the zip bags they came in from the supplier. If you want some of them PM me (cheap + shipping).

This type, flat

Ok thanks! I sent mine out for cleaning/ect. waiting to hear back if they test good

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wooo Hooo! I got my fuel injectors back! Cleaned & ready to go!!! They all eventually cleaned up & passed!!
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that feeling of getting those back, bet you can't wait to install if your anything like me, lol.

good luck with the project, and let us all know your results.
MikesFirstFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikesFirstFieroSend a Private Message to MikesFirstFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those in the Northwest there is a shop that cleans injectors of all types for gasoline engines. Mr. Injector (Bill) does fine work and stands by his work. I highly recommend him since he cleaned up my original V6 injectors last year and checked them at no extra charge when I had a misfire issue recently.

www.mrinjector.us

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock