STOP THE SQUEAL by Doms86gt
Started on: 09-24-2014 10:14 PM
Replies: 5 (187 views)
Last post by: Knight on 09-25-2014 01:00 PM
Doms86gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doms86gtSend a Private Message to Doms86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 GT That has problems with the belt squealing. I am purchasing a V-6 Power Pully kit from rodney dickmans to help stop the squeak. He suggests to buy this instead of the idler pulley that helps stop the squeal.But he says there is a problem with the output of amperage in the alternator unless you have a 1988 gt alternator that puts out more amps.He also said this reduces the speed of the water pump and a/c compressor.Without having cooling problems and with the ac still being cool in the car.Can anyone tell me if they have purchased this item and if works well. Thanks Dom
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The power pully kit suggest otherwise reading the website, it contains both. I am waiting on mine to arrive.
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen this product?:

LINK

I actually have one and a belt for sale here in the Mall...:

CLICK HERE

I'm selling to pay for a clutch job, and luckily I have rarely any sequel anyhow.

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 09-25-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking.... did you inspect the alt. bracket to make sure it isn't cracked and allowing it to flex?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Just checking.... did you inspect the alt. bracket to make sure it isn't cracked and allowing it to flex?

Good advice.....

Knight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Camel:

Have you seen this product?:

LINK

I bought this from Dodgerunner who makes them. The above link is the instalation of his springloaded tensioner kit. Hit the home button at the top left to get to his main page from the link above.
It stopped a severe squeel. Plus it never need adjusting and you avoid the rist of overtightening and the possibility of burning out bearings on the dricen accessories.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock