Shifter Stuck by DBurrows
Started on: 09-22-2014 09:09 PM
Replies: 3 (225 views)
Last post by: DBurrows on 09-23-2014 07:45 PM
DBurrows

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DBurrowsSend a Private Message to DBurrowsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 GT, 3 speed auto, car has been driving fine for 3 months, backed it out of garage and parked it caddy-corner on a slope, left it running. Pulled other car into garage and went back to Fiero and found the shifter would not move. Turned the car off and on, moved the steering, got my wife to help so I could rock the car back and forth, then she would brake when some tension was off, thinking that might be affecting it. So then gave up and pulled the shift knob and console and disconnected the trans and shifted it manually, trans still works fine, just shitter stuck. Pulled around front to flat ground and still shifter stuck in place. Manually pulled shaft to get back into park. Seems like the safety mechanism is stuck, but don't know what else to try to get it unstuck. Searched forum and was amazed to not find the answer, as pretty much everything else I've had a question on has already been addressed...great resource here....anyone know what to try?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Auto Shifter

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

DBurrows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DBurrowsSend a Private Message to DBurrowsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, forgot to check the cave.... I thought I felt something under where the mechanism that goes down when you push the button, but can't seem to get to that spot to check. Any easy way to get under there?
DBurrows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DBurrowsSend a Private Message to DBurrowsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found the problem with the shifter, it was the off button from the A/C controls that was missing had fallen down there, used a straw to dislodge it.... now I lost power in all the digging around, so radio out and doesn't do anything when turning the key. I'm starting to really "like" my Fiero.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock