Rusted out Fuel Return Line UGH!!!!! by Alex.07.86GT
Started on: 09-22-2014 01:04 PM
Replies: 7 (640 views)
Last post by: Alex.07.86GT on 09-22-2014 07:40 PM
Alex.07.86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Again!

So here i am trying to get my 86 GT Fiero started, ........

So whats a low cost way of repairing or replacing the return fuel line.

The metal tube that connects to the tank return hose near the filter is Rusted out and leaking . Both metal tubes on the fuel filter are rusty but arent leaking yet. Every metal tube should be changed or repaired. The rubber lines going up to the engine ... IDK???

Do they still sell these lines? I guess I'll just run new fuel hose from A to B with the old connector ends? or Does anybody sell the fuel line ends so I can connect New Fuel hoses to them??

How do you recommend I go about this??
Thanks in Advance!!

[This message has been edited by Alex.07.86GT (edited 09-22-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store has braided stainless lines. I replaced mine with these braided lines when they rusted through.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The Fiero Store has braided stainless lines. I replaced mine with these braided lines when they rusted through.

I just installed those on my car. Fuel feed and return lines. Fit just like factory.

Do a nice thorough job and replace both (including the filter) and the rubber hoses and you'll be good for a long time.

The connection between the braided hose and the hard lines from the fuel rail are easy to get to if you remove the battery. Don't forget to buy the O-rings which are not included with the fuel lines.

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I just installed those on my car. Fuel feed and return lines. Fit just like factory.

Do a nice thorough job and replace both (including the filter) and the rubber hoses and you'll be good for a long time.

The connection between the braided hose and the hard lines from the fuel rail are easy to get to if you remove the battery. Don't forget to buy the O-rings which are not included with the fuel lines.

Ummm yea well thats the 1st place I checked and $200 for both is out of my budget for just fuel lines!!!

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex.07.86GT:
Ummm yea well thats the 1st place I checked and $200 for both is out of my budget for just fuel lines!!!

Well, that's the recommended thing.

You might be able to find a set of good lines on a car in a junkyard or that someone is parting out. But good luck. Next best thing would see if NAPA or some place can make a set, or get bending and flaring tool s, and make some yourself.

I don't think anyone actually has pre-made kits.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Plan B

Fuel Line Repair Kit

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, make your own and/or use fuel injection rubber lines if you have issues with running metal lines.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex.07.86GT:

This is Plan B

Fuel Line Repair Kit

Plan A:

Old School Plumbing with High Pressure Fuel Line Parts! Cheap & Easy!!!

Return Line:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock