Replacement keys by DandRauto
Started on: 09-18-2014 05:15 PM
Replies: 6 (276 views)
Last post by: goatnipples2002 on 09-21-2014 01:08 AM
DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a way of getting a new set of keys with the use of the VIN number? Can I go to a dealer or call GM or something? 87 Fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No key information is in the VIN. Locksmiths can work on the cylinder and make a key to match, but it's not cheap.

don't call GM. They have forgotten about the Fiero and have far bigger problems with lock cylinders these days.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 09-18-2014).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought some GM key blanks off of Ebay.

I was either going to go to work (dealership) or somewhere else that can cut keys like home depot and have them cut keys for me if I bring in my originals too.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's amazing what's previously been discussed here.

Is it possible to get ignition keys for our old cars cut using the VIN ?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reading through that older thread ... did I understand correctly that there are only 8 different key codes for '88 Fieros? My issue is that I have an ignition key (really worn and kinda flaky) but no door/trunk key at all. Sounds like I need to call every GM dealer in San Diego to find one that will make me keys from the VIN ...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Reading through that older thread ... did I understand correctly that there are only 8 different key codes for '88 Fieros?

That's what I believe the locksmith told me.

Originally posted by Notorio:

Sounds like I need to call every GM dealer in San Diego to find one that will make me keys from the VIN ...

I don't think you followed my thread very well. I'd be surprised if a GM dealer will give you any help. You more than likely need to find a good locksmith who's been in the business for a couple of decades or more.
goatnipples2002

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How bout just replacing the lock cylinder AND the key?

------------------
Turbo SBF E85

www.cleanfeetpetcleanup.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock