Front & Rear Brake Part Numbers? by Alex.07.86GT
Started on: 09-18-2014 01:34 PM
Replies: 9 (124 views)
Last post by: Alex.07.86GT on 09-19-2014 08:11 PM
Alex.07.86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!

What are the Front & Rear Brake PAD Part Numbers for 86 Fiero?

The online stores have may different opinions!!

Many Thanks in Advance!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking for a specific brand of pad? People like Wagner. I am not sure of the part number but you can go to www.rockauto.com and look it up for the Fiero.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get free shipping on Amazon!

Too many prefixes on the different brands! Rockauto sometimes has them mixed up!

I have part #'s 261's for the front & 262's for the the rear!

[This message has been edited by Alex.07.86GT (edited 09-19-2014).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex.07.86GT:

Too many prefixes on the different brands! Rockauto sometimes has them mixed up!

Part numbers are specific to the brand and this number would even vary based on the type of pad the vendor is offering for a particular vehicle. Rockauto lists in the description if the pad is front or rear.

edit - I see where you are getting the 261 and the 262 from, but I wouldn't only go on that (partial number) specifically. Use the complete manufacturer part number is the best.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 09-19-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What brand are you looking at?
I found Rock Auto to be pretty good. You can also look at other sites like Autozone and Advance Auto to see what they say for part numbers.

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

What brand are you looking at?
I found Rock Auto to be pretty good. You can also look at other sites like Autozone and Advance Auto to see what they say for part numbers.

I was looking for a low cost brand name. Just something to put on till its fully running & braking!

I picked up @ $18 ea Raybestos SGD 262 & 261 service grade. Free Shipping on Amazon. It didnt come with shims, but they wont rust & look great -so far!!

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking for a low cost brand name. Just something to put on till its fully running & braking!

I picked up @ $18 ea Raybestos SGD 262 & 261 service grade. Free Shipping on Amazon. It didnt come with shims, but they wont rust & look great -so far!!

sounds good.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Careful.... Cheap pads often = poor brakes. Like can easily fade more vs good/best pads.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've used Wagner also, good stopping power, a little more dust than I would like though.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Careful.... Cheap pads often = poor brakes. Like can easily fade more vs good/best pads.

I know, I usually but bendix for myself. i just dont want to destroy expensive pads while Im trying to get the calipers working again. Oh and my rotors still have the original clip on the stud from the factory. So you can imagine how rusty my rotors are!!!!

You think raysbestos are cheap??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock