Started on: 09-15-2014 09:32 PM
Replies: 8 (229 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-05-2014 06:05 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to have the exhaust bracket that the previous owner made and welded for the exhaust on the 3800 swap. The welds broke loose. I do not have a welder. So I am looking for a source to weld the bracket back on the muffler.

Steve
NE Grand Rapids, MI
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you looking to spend? I ask the question because you can go to Harbor Freight and get a welder for probably about the same cost that a welder would charge you. Get some scrap metal and practice and then do it yourself. You can then keep the welder for any future projects or sell it and have gotten the job done for much less than the cost of a single weld job. It may sound scary but it is not, just check out some YOUTUBE videos and you are on your way. I was surprised at how easy it really was. This is a non-critical weld. If it were for suspension, or motor mounts, etc. that is a different story.

Just a thought
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the muffler off the car? If not, you may have to find a shop or custom exhaust shop that can weld it back on. If it is off the vehicle, look for welding shops in the area, as any shop should be able to do this. Otherwise, I would look for custom exhaust shops, ones that have been around for a while. (I have a welder, so I do my own work were possible. I did have a stud welded into a head once by a machine shop, as I wasn't setup to weld cast.)
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, any exhaust shop should be able to handle that for about half an hour labor charge.
Muffler Man, Midas and Tuffy are all located in Grand Rapids.
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All good replies. If I still lived in Kalamazoo I would come up and do it for you. PM solotwo or snapperhead they are Fiero enthusiast in your area.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called Tuffy by my work. When I was working at Quick Stop in the same area I got to know the Manager. So I am going to have them weld it up.

Thanks for all the reply's and offers.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have offered, but you asked for a good welder.

Bob
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL. I am sure you are an excellent welder. I took in community college a looong time ago.

Originally posted by RCR:

I would have offered, but you asked for a good welder.

Bob

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I had Tuffy in Cascade tack it and is holding. Now I need to redo the exhaust system. Like install some exhaust pipe hangers that seem to be missing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock