A-pillar guages? by NetCam
Started on: 09-13-2014 06:34 PM
Replies: 10 (501 views)
Last post by: Grinner on 09-30-2014 01:43 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to add a couple of gauges to my '85 GT (Boost/Volts). Wondering if I'm better off trying to get the setup from an '86+ and put them over the heater vents or go with an A-pillar mounted install. I did a search for A-pillar and didn't come up with much of anything other than a post from 2001 and somebody asking about doing it on a chop top. Looks like TFS has a setup, but at $47 plus shipping it seems a bit expensive for something that just gets glued to the existing A-pillar and you have to paint to match. There are some I found for about $15, but they're "Universal", which is usually sales-lingo for "Doesn't fit worth a s#@$ and looks like crap". Has anybody done the A-pillar mount and what was your experience?

Here's the one from TFS - at least they are made for the curvature of the Fiero A-pillar, which is more than can be said for the 'universal' ones.

Here's the generic one for $15 -

Edit: Don't know how I missed this one the first time around, found it using Google, but this one looks good, but it's 3 pods and looks like a lot of delicate work that I'm not very good at

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-2-099317.html

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 09-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TFS?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, The Fiero Store
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found out why I had no luck with my search, it looks like I spelled gauge wrong (guage.. D'oh!). After doing another search, it looks like a few have used the Autometer A-pillar pods made for the Acura Integra, but looking at pictures of them, they don't appear to be the right shape at all. Am I missing something?

There's one on eBay that has the Acura pods with choice of 2 gauges, but the curve on the pod assembly doesn't look the same.

If I went this way, which would be better for a 3800sc boost gauge?

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 09-15-2014).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the Fiero Store pillar pod and they also had paint to match my tan interior. It fit fine and I installed a fuel pressure gauge and air-fuel ratio gauge.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw your picture, at first I thought it was mine !
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I won't be buying any gauges, no A-Pillar left to stick them too

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 09-29-2014).]

gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Click Here to Email gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really sorry to see this happen to you! Makes me really want to get a fire extinguisher now for my car

May I ask what happened?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, HOW ?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure exactly what happened. I was out for a drive and the car seemed to be running fine when I heard a strange noise that sounded like a split in the exhaust. About another mile down the road I started to smell something like burnt plastic so I pulled over. By the time I got to the side of the road smoke was filling the cabin, and about 10 minutes later the car was engulfed in flames. Nothing had been done recently from an engine or electrical standpoint, so I have no idea what the catalyst was, and probably will never know.
Grinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrinnerClick Here to visit Grinner's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have cruise control?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock