What is normal high idle on cold start by My88RedGT
Started on: 09-10-2014 03:41 PM
Replies: 4 (291 views)
Last post by: Dukeiboy on 09-16-2014 10:52 AM
My88RedGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently just completed changing out my fuel injector o-rings on my stock 2.8L, replacing vacuum lines with Rodney Dickman's stainless steel, a new EGR and EGR tube. I noticed when I removed the upper plenum, the EGR tube was fractured at the joint. I went ahead and ordered on a replacement from Rodney Dickman's and installed it..

The old cold start idle was about 1500 rpm and was very stable. As the engine warmed up the idle would settle down to 850 to 900 rpm.

After completing the work my cold start high idle is now about 1100 and it drops to 850 or so after it warms up.

Is this 1100 rpm idle normal for cold start or should it be closer to 1500?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I recall the book says 1200, but I doubt the tachometers are that accurate at this point.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine starts at about 1500 (indicated) but drops virtually immediately to 1200, where it remains until warmed up a little - which of course varies on ambient weather and if I start driving it or just let it idle.
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as the tach reading... Mine is pretty accurate. With my Actron ODB-1 scanner connected in realtime mode, the reading on the scanner and the tach are within about 50 rpms of each other.
Dukeiboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukeiboySend a Private Message to DukeiboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My duke is anywhere from 1200 to 3000 in the cold weather of wisconsin.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock