Fuel tank sending unit dead by Amos 8833
Started on: 09-08-2014 04:16 PM
Replies: 7 (364 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 09-24-2014 01:32 PM
Amos 8833

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Amos 8833Click Here to visit Amos 8833's HomePageSend a Private Message to Amos 8833Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the need of a solution for the subject. The original sending unit was damaged by rust in the tank (the car sat for years) before I got it. I purchased a used standing pipe with a sending unit; it was not much better than the one I had, I don't want to go through this drill again. I have not been able to locate a fix for the problem and I am about to finish a 3800 sway in the car; suggestions/iears will be greatly appreciated.
Amos

------------------
Amos

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried cleaning it?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/092117.html

If its too far gone, you might want to just buy a whole new unit:
http://fierostore.com/Produ...px?s=60912&d=246&p=1
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 of replacing it with a new unit. Dropping the tank is a chore I'd rather not have to do very often.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old-School Bang on the Tank!!!!
Amos 8833

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Amos 8833Click Here to visit Amos 8833's HomePageSend a Private Message to Amos 8833Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I actually got it fixed last night; I purchased the standing pipe and with a 0-90 ohm resistor from a 69 camero, removed the resistor and arm, removed the fiero resistor and arm, tack welded a plate on the Fiero standing pipe, mounted the Camero resistor and arm to the new bracket with pop rivets, reformed the Camero float arm and bingo it works like a top.

------------------
Amos

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are not made of money and you don't want to pay $204.95 for the Fiero Store's unit here is one $18.79.

http://www.summitracing.com...s/equ-9982/overview/

Read the note from CHARLES from WI if you end up shortening the float arm.
jholda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jholdaSend a Private Message to jholdaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
phonedawgz, do you remember how it was described attaching the universal fuel sender unit?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock