Coolant tube questions by ranger3691
Started on: 09-08-2014 01:52 PM
Replies: 3 (156 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 09-08-2014 02:06 PM
ranger3691

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ranger3691Send a Private Message to ranger3691Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, my friend and I have been tearing apart my 88 4cyl for a couple months now, and we're at a bit of a stall point on the major projects. So, I've been looking into taking care of the smaller stuff in the mean time. Today's question is about the metal coolant lines that run from the radiator to the engine. Specifically, where the tubes bend up to attach to the rubber hoses coming from the engine, are they suppose to be a smith bend, or have a "kink" in the line? Both the driver and passenger side tubes on my care are "kinked", tho the passenger side is more exposed.
https://www.facebook.com/ph...10274&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/ph...10274&type=3&theater
Sorry you have to link to Facebook to see these pics. Still new to posting on this site and haven't read all the how to's yet. Anyway, and info/advice would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are not supposed to be kinked. I wasn't able to look at your pics due to work but i know they are supposed to be smooth bends with no kinks.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

ranger3691

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ranger3691Send a Private Message to ranger3691Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

They are not supposed to be kinked. I wasn't able to look at your pics due to work but i know they are supposed to be smooth bends with no kinks.

That might help explain the over heating problems i was having before the transmission went out on me. Thanks!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like your car ran over a curb or had some similar mishap. Those kinks will create cooling problems.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock