help!! by frankieealexis
Started on: 09-07-2014 07:22 PM
Replies: 16 (322 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-12-2014 09:26 AM
frankieealexis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bought a pontiac fiero 1984 2.5l v4 4 speed manual.The car has been running great for the past 4 months, but then yesterday i go to heat up the car and it turn on. But when i turned on the ac for a bit the car stalled and doesnt want to turn on. I turn the key and nothing happens like if it where dead the dash lights doesnt work neither the tack. I cant even roll up my window. All the accesories that work when you turn the key dont work. My headlights do work so there is electricity.Ive tryed putting a diffrent battery, jumpstarting, ans have checked fuses, but other than that i dont know what to do...PLEASE HELP ITS MY DAILY DRIVER!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your fusible links, only thing I can think of, but I don't have any experience with '84.
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah ive tried that..car just acts dead its weird it was working fine earlier...and thanks for the reply im new to the forum and i dont have much experience with fieros...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the fusable links that come off of the battery post on the starter. One supplies power to the lights, the other to the fuse box.....

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 09-07-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is an ignition switch on the steering column....
maybe this thread will help....
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/127554.html
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished changing the ignition switch and nothing car still the same i will be checking my grounds tomorrow maybe just maybe..
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you cant always tell the links are bad by looking at them. Test the line and make sure you are getting 12v
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i was checking the lines and it seems like the links have been burned before so the previous owner took tge links off and just soldered the wires together but now the wires seem tk have acid on them will that be my problem? And where could i buy the links?
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might just have a bad battery connection, bad battery, or bad battery cables.

Fusible links will be available at any auto parts store - just tell them the car details.
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frankieealexis:

So i was checking the lines and it seems like the links have been burned before so the previous owner took tge links off and just soldered the wires together but now the wires seem tk have acid on them will that be my problem? And where could i buy the links?

If the links were removed, the wires might have burned up internally with this problem. You will have to trace the wires with the removed links back to where they go and test them for an open or high resistance or just replace the wires, add links later after you find the problem.

do not add links until you fix this problem first!

Electrical Connections have to be free from all rust & corrosion.

[This message has been edited by Alex.07.86GT (edited 09-08-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And......Do not drive the car without fusable links! They were put there to protect the wiring and components.
PFF
System Bot
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I changed out the wires and added links and still nothing. Do yall think the ignition module would cause this problem?
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point it sounds like a simple bad connection. Maybe unplug, wiggle, & plug back in the connectors going to the steering column...
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It okay ill look into that. What i did notice was that the connection on the wire harness thats located on the firewall has dirt and stuff on it. Im going to clean it hopefuly thats it its getting really annoying. Should have bought the 88.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same thing could happen to an 88. Someone else on the forum recently had a loose connection at the ignition switch that caused similar problems
frankieealexis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frankieealexisSend a Private Message to frankieealexisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay my mechanic made the car turn on by hotwiring it to make sure it worked. But we are still in search of the wire we have found out that the ignition switch is not recieving any power. And also is there any hidden relays or fuses? Or common places that the power wires might come in lose contact?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frankieealexis:

Okay my mechanic made the car turn on by hotwiring it to make sure it worked. But we are still in search of the wire we have found out that the ignition switch is not recieving any power. And also is there any hidden relays or fuses? Or common places that the power wires might come in lose contact?

The wire to the ignition switch may need to me replaced it may have fried.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock