Missing, hesitation, bogging. please help by fiero_gt
Started on: 09-07-2014 06:14 PM
Replies: 1 (178 views)
Last post by: hiwil88formula on 09-07-2014 06:55 PM
fiero_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_gtSend a Private Message to fiero_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello guys. Trying to locate the issue with my car. Car is an 86gt with a 2.8 auto. The car will rev freely both at idle and under load. At idle there is a "moment" where something causes the idle to drop and run a little rough. This is worse under load. I have a video of the tach as it is doing this while in drive and holding the brake. http://youtu.be/-6Nfb7y7zko Second video is while in drive holding the brake, http://youtu.be/q3zh0toucYs Sometimes the car will right itself, others it may stall out completely. While driving, there is a steady miss, and during take off it bogs down but will take off and get you there if you give it the gas. I have checked:
Fuel pressure, key on engine off 41lbs. running 38 with 1 or 2 psi change while reving. in drive, pressure stays the same. Will drop to 20lbs or so after about 20 minutes of being off.
Parts that are new.

Battery
fuel filter
air filter
cap/rotor
AC delco ICM and pickup coil
Distributor is a cardone remaned that was in when i bought it.
coil to icm wire
AC delco O2 sensor
Ignition coil
plugs and wires
IAT
EGR
AC delco Map sensor
coolant temp sensor.
seafoam
I have also added 2 ground straps to the car.

Timing has been an issue. Based on the timing marks, if the distance is the same between each degree, Mine will not run at anything under 12 and even then it will stall pretty soon. Guessing, i would say about 15 is about where it is set. Anything else and it seems that it wont run at all. either wont start, or stall immediately. This is with the ALDL grounded.
I have checked for vacuum leaks without finding any, as well as tightened all manifold bolts.
I have had the car for almost 2 months and have put about 200 miles on the car to this point. Really want to enjoy having a fiero again, but the car says no, lol.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

------------------

[This message has been edited by fiero_gt (edited 09-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your car won't run below 12 degrees it sounds to me the balancer slipped. The car should run at a lot lower than that.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock