Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  L67 swap - If I want to relocate the alt, is my only option to delete the A/C?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
L67 swap - If I want to relocate the alt, is my only option to delete the A/C? by kawana
Started on: 09-04-2014 11:38 PM
Replies: 10 (305 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 09-21-2014 02:47 PM
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was really hoping to be able to keep the A/C on my L67 swap, but from what I've seen if you don't want the Alt to hit the decklid, your only option is to delete the A/C.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure it replaces the power steering unit...
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh really? Well that changes everything :P
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What if I want both AC and PS?
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the only cars that the decklid is in the way for is the fastbacks.
I could be wrong though.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

What if I want both AC and PS?

You'll need to buy something that isnt a Fiero
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are alt relocating brackets avail. that put it down near the axles.
if you leave the alt on top you will need to "notch" the decklid.
Do a search for 3800sc alt relocating
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I HAVE stock Alt, AC, And power steering. the Alt "Sometimes" needs the deck lid "Rail" to be notched, No Big Deal.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I HAVE stock Alt, AC, And power steering. the Alt "Sometimes" needs the deck lid "Rail" to be notched, No Big Deal.

Or you can get some mounts that sit the engine low enough for the Alt to clear.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't the A/C unit on the front of the engine? I have my alternator low mounted on the back of the engine. I don't have A/C, but I would think it could remain in the stock location if you move the alternator where mine is.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything on my 3800SC is in it's "Stock Location". Alt, AC, and Power steering and Coil pack. why not just Notch the deck lid rail ? Then you need NO "Adapters", NO "Special Mounts", no re- wiring.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock