Lower body trim by johnt671
Started on: 09-03-2014 06:09 PM
Replies: 4 (139 views)
Last post by: johnt671 on 09-04-2014 04:51 PM
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to remove the lower trim (between the front and rear wheels) on my 84 so I can paint those pieces. Is there another way to refasten them after I paint them? I think those pieces are plastic riveted on, and I don't have a rivet tool and don't want to buy one for a one time job. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rivet" GUN" and" Rivets" are available at Harborfreighttools.com for a whole $12.00 extra rivits are dirt cheap. another way, Glue. probably cost you MORE.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bolts nuts and washers could cost more too, and would rust.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They make plastic bolts/nuts. You can also get push-in fastners, which act like rivets. Those are available at auto store or a hardware store like Lowes. You can also use stainless nut/bolts.

Check out Harbor Freight, though...
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't think the rivets and guns were that cheap. I also have have some spares of the push in fasteners. the stainless nuts and bolts were what I was thinking but I may rethink that. Thanks for the suggestions.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock