Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Front end differences from 1984 Indy and 1986 SE?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Front end differences from 1984 Indy and 1986 SE? by godeatgod
Started on: 09-03-2014 09:59 AM
Replies: 3 (89 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 09-03-2014 08:22 PM
godeatgod

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godeatgodClick Here to Email godeatgodSend a Private Message to godeatgodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if there are any body/styling differences between a 1984 Indy and a 1986 base SE? The front end on my indy needs replacing and a junk yard about 100 miles away has a perfect front panel that came out of an 86 WHITE SE. Will it bolt right on with the same screws in the same locations? would be sweet to not have to paint the replacement.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should bolt up. As long as it is truly from an SE (Aero package), which is the same as the Indy, 85GT and 86-87SE.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 09-03-2014).]

godeatgod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for godeatgodClick Here to Email godeatgodSend a Private Message to godeatgodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a followup... I went out to look at my front, and it looks really bad, but that really wasnt why I was going to replace it. I was going to replace it because the two air intake holes on the front nose are drooping badly. But as I gave them a good feel just a few minutes ago, I noticed that the bottom plastic piece making up those holes is very thin, and I started thinking that if its that thin, this may be a problem with the nose that all Fiero SEs have when they get this old. Is this the case with everyone else? Does the plastic on this part of the front sag this much over time? I am posting a picture of mine below.

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagClick Here to Email CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 GT has no sagging

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock