4t65 hd dipstick tube by crashmydaytona
Started on: 09-02-2014 04:16 PM
Replies: 2 (174 views)
Last post by: crashmydaytona on 09-02-2014 11:51 PM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My trans dipstick tube hits my headers and has enough pressure on the tube it caused the welds on the hold down bracket to brake and leak. Has anyone had this problem and used a different tube? Is it possible to cut the tube short (since its easily accessed in the fiero) and still get an accurate reading. Also if it were short would it still need to be bolted down? If you measured how much the dipstick stuck out past the bottom of the tube and made sure you had the same amount sticking out after modifying the tube would this be accurate enough?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
djlamp14

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you can use the braided universal style dipsticks from TH400's TH350's 700r4's maybe more. It will not be accurate so get it right off the OEM 4t65e dipstick. The braided ones are $20-$60 online. You can see the aluminum top of mine to the left rear of the engine bay
I'm sure if you wanted to you could cut the tube and stick. Just be aware of how high it should read. As long as the tube is seated tightly in the hole you shouldn't need that bolt.

[This message has been edited by djlamp14 (edited 09-02-2014).]

crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks that looks like the way to go.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock