finally the fiero gods are doing me right by my car by spcearle
Started on: 08-31-2014 10:52 PM
Replies: 2 (155 views)
Last post by: spcearle on 09-01-2014 11:25 AM
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so my lil saga with my car all started when my front header decided it wanted to crack in several spots...after a cpl bandaid attempts i finally found someone who could weld them...needless to say not to pretty but functional and hidden under wrap all the same...well when i did this i checked the plugs and changed the o2 on it....one of the plugs(#5) was badly leaned and was covered in white sout so i swaped those out for some autolites and pulled the upperintake to check the inj,,,,,i replaced all the orings but found some white gink almost like pipe sealer stuck in the 5 inj....put everything back together and the motor started knocking like a sob....

so this brings me to today......i had a leak at the oilpan so it had to come out anyways to fix that....i pulled each bearing cap and plastigaged everything...all where pretty much at .0040mm and the bearings all looked like they where just installed out of the package so i torqued everything down to spec / cleaned eveything out realgood and bolted the car back together with some plain jane ac delco plugs ...fired her up and as quiet as could be....

its got a slightly higher idle at 1100 now and if i actually slide my toes under the pedal and pull back it drops down but has an ocassional miss/putt to her....oil is idling right at 40psi after it warms up and fuel is at about 41 at idle....

i'll see if i can tweak the timing alil tomorrow and see how things go on it

as for the knock i have no idea what the hell happened the only change that was made where the autilites and i cant for the life of me think they where the cause ...afterall when i bought the car it had e3 plugs and it ran fine with those things

[This message has been edited by spcearle (edited 08-31-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ninjasword71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjasword71Send a Private Message to ninjasword71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double check for crossed plug wires and be sure they're all the way on. Or you could have knocked the distributer.
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was one of the first things I checked when it started knocking... Then I thought it may be the timing but no matter how far I advanced it or retarded it it would still knock...... As for the slight stumble I have now I think it is still something with the injectors mainly that #5 one... When I pulled those autolites out the 5 was deff burning slightly diff so I think I might just get a used set and send them out for cleaning and balancing to see where that gets me

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock