1988 GT value by jholda
Started on: 08-31-2014 11:27 AM
Replies: 8 (350 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-01-2014 08:36 PM
jholda

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jholdaSend a Private Message to jholdaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've been looking for an 88 for a while now. Found one and wanted some opinions on what its worth.

1988 GT
sunroof
spoiler
mostly stock with the exception of a few interior trim pieces and the glove box kit
had a small front end bump but the title is clear
cruise control doesn't work
a/c doesn't work
new tires
comes with about 200 bucks in extra parts
the passenger turn signal light stays on (when headlights are up), and stays on when engaged. The tail light lights up (and stays on) and the fronts don't come on at all.
Paints a 10 footer but with the new hood and front bumper It should just be resprayed.

The thing is, is the car has 37,200 actual miles, is straight, rust free, and the interior looks virtually untouched.
starts right up (needs a new battery badly) and shifts very well (no clunking shifting gears like in my 87). Has a viper Keyless entry that works wonderfully too.

Is this something worth investing in? The a/c just needs updating like everyone else's, needs paint which I don't want a black car anyway, I've had cars without cruise but its the turn signal thing that's making me wonder. I know the bulbs could just be out or a fuse but with the inability to really check it out. I'd be afraid of a bad ground in the wiring harness and I'm not very good at wiring at all

http://pic20.picturetrail.c...581740/409967168.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.c...581740/409967166.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.c...581740/409967165.jpg

sorry for the links, having a hard time using pip (cant find server?)

[This message has been edited by jholda (edited 08-31-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a bit more than a bump on the front.. Other than the hood and bumper cover, what else needs to be replaced? Is the frame bent?

If the mileage is real (and you never really know.....anyone can roll back a Fiero odometer or disconnect the speed sensor for 6 years..), I would think it is worth $2000 max
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last picture shows the front fixed so its been fixed?? Like a previous poster said, I would check the front frame to make sure there's no damage to it. The cruise control could just be a loose connection, mine was. Also keep in mind that it will be more expensive to change the color when you re-paint. If its an automatic it is worth less, those old 3 speeds are not very good for cruising on the interstate. If the interior looks like a low mileage cars then the mileage may be accurate, also if the engine looks fairly clean the mileage may be true. I would think that it would be worth as much as $2500
jholda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jholdaSend a Private Message to jholdaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your input everyone. It has been fixed, the front hood and bumper just need painted. But everything is straight and works very well. The only issue is the right turn signals, cruise and the a/c. And the interior is the nicest I've ever seen with it just being stock. The car was definitely never used a lot. So are these major problems I should stay away from?

He was at 5900 to start.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its an automatic that's very high IMO
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say $5,900 is way overpriced for that car, especially given the prior damage. For that kind of money you can get something in much better condition. I'd think that $2,500 is more what it's worth.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will just say whats been said already for a long time. An older used car is worth what someone is willing to pay. The same car may be worth $5,000 to one person and $500 to another. A few years ago I ran across an all original 100K, 88 GT, yellow, 5spd that was pretty nice. They wanted $15,000 for it. We laughed, got in our car and left.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock