t-top question by jonathan2014
Started on: 08-28-2014 07:42 PM
Replies: 7 (313 views)
Last post by: 88FieroGT TTops on 08-30-2014 05:23 PM
jonathan2014

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is wrong here[URL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/lesliemikeadams/media/DS C_0171_zpseem2ycef.jpg.html][/URL]
Sorry if to big new phone I have adjusted the top much as possible and the caps and and I still have the push as hard as I can and they still just barely latch. The glass is tight up against the back of the T bar but there's plenty of space at the front of the T Bar.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are missing the p-seals. The glass is exactly where it needs to be....the thickness of the p-seal fills in that void between the glass and the front header trim piece.

As far as the first picture goes.....the center bar is held to the frame by 3 (I believe) screws. It's possible that one or more of these screws has backed out, broken off or fell off. Unfortunately, you need to remove the headliner to get at them (not an easy job on a T-Top car.

jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]
As far as the first picture goes.....the center bar is held to the frame by 3 (I believe) screws. It's possible that one or more of these screws has backed out, broken off or fell off. Unfortunately, you need to remove the headliner to get at them (not an easy job on a T-Top car.
I know I need p seals, and I, check the screws, at the center bar, and have even flip the bar around. the first pic I tried not to show the missing p seal. I was trying to show how the glass fits into the bar. At the back of it is tight, in the front of it has a gap I don't know how to explain this part but. when I push down on the glass it feels like I'm prying against the glass get to latch.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh.....I misunderstood the problem. How about some pics of the frame with the glass removed?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have some history of this install? Could the frame be bent (or from a wrecked car)?
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't see the pictures because you put them on photobucket (which is blocked here at work -- please use PIP), but have you tried adjusting the screws under the plastic covers on each t-top latch mechanism?
jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the frame this not appear to me bent I have a adjusted everything a far as they can go and have filed some areas more pic on the way thx for the help o and sorry pip has never work for me
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your front piece--the bow cover--is shorter--the ends should almost go to the top of the door (almost)--do you have your glass on the correct sides?---how are your end caps--do they have round holes or are they distorted?

------------------
Pat Jones

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock