A question about a Rodney Dickman product by Doms86gt
Started on: 08-27-2014 09:47 PM
Replies: 8 (406 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 08-29-2014 09:24 PM
Doms86gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doms86gtSend a Private Message to Doms86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody ever purchased a V-6 idler pulley from Rodney Dickmans ? And did it solve your squealing problem? I have a 86 gt that has a squealing problem the belt only has about four thousand miles on it i know fieros are known for that. And could anybody tell me were i can get brighter interior light bulbs ?I know Rodney Dickmans sell them but i believe they are not LED bulbs. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the mounting hardware for the idler pulley from a forum member, can't think of his name, I had my own pulley and I just thought it was a good idea. My belt never squealed in the 1st place but the idler sure makes changing a belt a lot easier along the road.

Ironically that's exactly what happen to me a week ago. Temp needle went high and light came on within sight of a NAPA store. Took old belt with number on it to the counter and bought new belt and a ratchet. Took an hour to put it on since the motor was hot. A cold motor would have been 5 minutes.

Bottom line no squeal before or after.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine never squealed except when the belt was getting loose and it would slip. I installed the idler pulley and the alternator reenforcement bracket and it has not squealed or come loose once. Rodney Dickmans provided a new belt with the kit since the old belt will not fit with the new idler installed.

It's worth every penny.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doms86gt:

I have a 86 gt that has a squealing problem the belt only has about four thousand miles on it i know fieros are known for that.

I love Rodney's products, but just so you know, you have a choice. I went with THIS instead and couldn't be happier with it.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with Dodgerunner's tensioner style idler pulley. It applies the right amount if tension so we don't under or over tension the belt. I've heard of people burning up alternator bearings by going tighter and tighter to stop a steeling belt.
Never a squeak since.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What belt did you use? Also... is your top alternator bracket in good shape... because sometimes they will crack and cause problems.
Doms86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doms86gtSend a Private Message to Doms86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone for your replays and info. And thanks patrick your product looks great. I think i might go with Rodney Dickmans product although I'm sure both products work well.Thank you again.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I had the 2.8 I was using Rodney's idler pulley and a Gatorback belt. Never had chirps or squeals after that.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes of course, it was Dodgerunner that provided the bracket and belt for my setup.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock