Power loss by Jayfelt
Started on: 08-25-2014 10:21 AM
Replies: 5 (123 views)
Last post by: TopNotch on 08-25-2014 01:22 PM
Jayfelt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've owned my 86 Fuero GT for about three months now. Since iv had the car it aways ran pretty good other then the idle then stall . First Thing that was replaced was the idle control sensor. That fixed the stalling. Just a week ago i fixed my intake manifold gaskets. Found out i had a nice size hole. Help alot with the idle but still idles up and down between 850/1000Rpm. Car has also a extreme lack of power. At a stop and the punch the gas car refuses to burn out. If going at a steady speed and punch the gas the car gets a nice kick of acceleration then slows pretty quickly. I looked up some videos and seen stock feiros like mine doing some nice little burn outs. Thing is about my car though is it isnt all stock. The man i bought the car from knew hardly anything that was done to the car from the owner before him. What he did know and remember was that the engine was refurbish with performance cam. Real helpful i know. So could be more upgrades I'm unaware of. But what I've learn on my own is it also has an aftermarket holly intake and different injectors, not sure what kind they are though. Anyways in the end i should have enough power to spin those wheels. Hope i provided enough info for you guys.. and hopefully not to much. Hope you guys can help me figure out my power loss
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am the bearer of bad news.

The only thing that will let your (nearly stock) Fiero spin it's wheels is bad tires. 60% of the weight is on the rear tires, and if the rubber is in good condition they will bite and hold. If spinning tires are important to you....drive an empty pickup truck....

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So this must be an automatic? You could empty your car of anything in it that woudlnt have been in it in teh new car showroom and time your 0-60 mph perhaps. But I agree Fieros dont do burnouts well.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe take out your spare tire and put some weights in there to make the front heavier and change the weight distribution but your handing would be affected.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check for a clogged catalytic converter.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock