mod ideas. random by concorde01
Started on: 08-23-2014 04:18 PM
Replies: 52 (946 views)
Last post by: concorde01 on 09-06-2014 01:07 AM
concorde01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i also need a part number for a poly set for the rear cradle.
IP: Logged
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prothane 7-502
Prothane 7-502-bl for black
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok. ty. what should i do for mounting the 3800? it will be a series2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a measurable advantage to stainless braided brake hoses?
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes. i believe so my 89 rs camaro had them. i also had a 89 rs without them. there is a difference. also they wont blow out like factory lines
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

concorde01

134 posts
Member since Jul 2014
so just called the ebay lister for the lines. said they offer replacement for up to 1 year
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Is there a measurable advantage to stainless braided brake hoses?

I've never seen a measurement, even this video by summits says you get a firmer pedal feel but has nothing but theory to back it up.

I looked for lines with a better warranty but 1 years seems standard.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-04-2014).]

concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they cost less the factory lines at the parts house so im getting them.

also has anyone done a vinly wrap instead of paint. i was thinking just flat black
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by concorde01:

also has anyone done a vinly wrap instead of paint. i was thinking just flat black

Yes, a Fiero is relatively easy to wrap, though the bumpers are a bit tricky.

Flat black will cost the same as any other color, so consider that you have many other options...
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vinyl is not cheaper than paint in materials, in fact paint can be cheaper if you want to do a single stage enamel. The big difference is it takes more skill and tools to do a paint job. Vinyl is still tricky, it takes some skill. If you want a matte or semi gloss finish it's the way I'd to go. But I prefer paint because as long as it's prepped right and quality materials are used it will far outlast the vinyl job with the proper care.
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Vinyl is not cheaper than paint in materials, in fact paint can be cheaper if you want to do a single stage enamel.

Paint is only cheaper if you already have the tools, equipment and facility for it.

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A good air compressor is something most people have or should have, $50 at HF will get you a DA and a Spray gun if you catch a sale. You can paint a car in the driveway out in the open, in a make shift spray booth of in a garage. Outside its all about timing and pest control. A vinyl wrap requires a good amount of cleanliness as well, it is actually pretty unforgiving when it comes to trash under the vinyl.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-05-2014).]

concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
local shop said 2k min for my car in black
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock