Lurching At Stop Signs and at Hwy Speed by ninjasword71
Started on: 08-21-2014 03:51 PM
Replies: 4 (125 views)
Last post by: ninjasword71 on 08-23-2014 03:00 AM
ninjasword71

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjasword71Send a Private Message to ninjasword71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car starts and idles ok but clunks when shifting to drive. I know it could be an axle but it bucks at low and hwy speed until I let off the gas. At stop signs it wants to keep going intermittently. Like it bucks. Could a bad motor mount also cause this? Sensor? Bad tranny? At hwy speed, it smooths out when I take my foot off the gas and when accelerating. Just reacts at a steady speed and while stopped.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad motor mounts/ dogbones yes most likley.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be a bad Transmission Converter Clutch (TCC) solenoid. It's the part that locks the transmission into overdrive when at highway speeds but if it malfunctions it gives the symptoms you're describing. Try unplugging it... it's the square four pin connector made of white plastic on the transmission. You can drive with it disconnected but you just won't get O/D.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/133268.html

[This message has been edited by 85 SE VIN 9 (edited 08-22-2014).]

ninjasword71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjasword71Send a Private Message to ninjasword71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air and fuel pump. Works like a charm now. No lurching at any speed and have full power now. Only thing is she's thunking when I shift to drive or reverse. May be an engine mount but might be an axle. Thanks for your help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock