Started on: 08-14-2014 04:07 PM
Replies: 5 (390 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 09-01-2014 01:52 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a car at my shop with a megasquirt ecu. I've been tuning on it and got it running pretty well. Before I give the car back, I was wondering if anyone else was running megasquirt and was willing to exchange calibration files.

I get a hunting idle occasionally and I'm curious to know what others are running for ignition settings. I had to keep reducing the dwell in order to get the car to not misfire on the top end.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know how hard it is, I've been wanting to play with megasquirt and don't think making the harness would be tough.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 08-14-2014).]

chetw77cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chetw77cruiserSend a Private Message to chetw77cruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been know to dabble in the black arts known as megasquirt. I do not have what I would consider a "GOOD" calibration file, but I would not worry about driving it cross country on what I have. I would be interested in taking a look at what you have. What version megasquirt are you working with? What firmware version? Anything else you could tell me would help.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is the GM DIY PNP 1.5B board with the D56 adapter. I don't know the firmware version that's on there, I used whatever was recommended for this setup when I first installed it.

The car has an aftermarket ignition on it and I think that is part of my issue. The stock ECU doesn't care that the MSD box was added, so I'm not sure why the MS would either. I see that there are different set ups if using an ignition box, however. The other odd thing is that while I checked out the timing with a light, and confirmed the setting in the MS, the car is making less power with stock timing tables than if I retard the timing a bunch. I'm not sure if this is a mechanical thing or a MS thing.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An F-body 2.8 but....

http://www.thirdgen.org/tec...her-turbo-2-8-a.html

OP is currently working on the tune
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys running tunerstudio and does the auto tune do just fuel mapping or ignition as well?

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-02-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock