Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Question about installing West coast Fiero transmission bracket on late model 4T65E

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Question about installing West coast Fiero transmission bracket on late model 4T65E by Charlie1963
Started on: 08-13-2014 10:22 PM
Replies: 3 (222 views)
Last post by: Charlie1963 on 08-21-2014 12:31 PM
Charlie1963

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie1963Send a Private Message to Charlie1963Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received the 3800 brackets and mounts from West Coast Fiero and have run into a snag installing the bracket on the right side of the transmission. The problem has to do with bracket not sitting flat on the face of all three of the bolt hole locations on the transmission. The bracket has three bolt holes and the face of each hole is on a different plane where it touches the transmission. If I bolt it in place like this I'm positive it would bend the bracket at the center hole when the bolt is tightened. My 3800 and 4T65E-HD transmission is out of a 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.

I've emailed Chris West at WCF but it was after hours and probably won't get a response until tomorrow. I was wondering if anybody has run into this same issue and what their solution was.

Thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Charlie1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie1963Send a Private Message to Charlie1963Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The solution from West Coast Fiero was to remove the spacers on the back side of the bracket which they offered to do if I return the bracket. I managed to take care of this myself and now the engine and transmission are mounted on the cradle. Other than this one issue the brackets and mounts fit great, no issues with hole alignments.

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you also had the rare transmission, I had the same issue last month with mine. I emailed Chris photos and he said he had never seen it before but with a little grinding everything fit perfect.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-15-2014).]

Charlie1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie1963Send a Private Message to Charlie1963Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

I guess you also had the rare transmission, I had the same issue last month with mine. I emailed Chris photos and he said he had never seen it before but with a little grinding everything fit perfect.

Yep, that's what I was told when I talked to them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock