Paddle style horn question by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 08-13-2014 02:05 PM
Replies: 1 (188 views)
Last post by: schw32m on 08-14-2014 01:40 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently came across an intact set (left & right) of horn paddles. I got these from a guy with some other Fiero stuff so I assume they are fiero parts. Seems to be in great shape but there seems to be a difference in these. On other paddles I have seen there is a audible and physical "click" when the paddle is depressed. That is not present on either of the paddles I have and there is a less travel in the paddle when depressed. The switches are good as verified by a continuity test and both switches work the same, they just feel and sound different from a broken (but operable) switch that I am comparing them to. Can anyone identify these paddles as Fiero parts? Maybe from an early year of production?

My broken one has a part number on the white hinged piece. This other pair has no number on them, anywhere.

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
schw32m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for schw32mSend a Private Message to schw32mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look like mine. The ones I have in my 88 don't click either.

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock