code 33 and missing/hard to start by newfiejeff
Started on: 08-13-2014 08:59 AM
Replies: 1 (110 views)
Last post by: newfiejeff on 08-13-2014 12:43 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2M4
Hi all, new problem. Last week I had the map sensor disconnected and it threw a code 33, hooked it back up and never drove it after. Drove it this morning and I started to get a miss, just took it across town and it has a miss on times and definnetly when I give her a shot of gas. It's like it goes dead on a cylinder. Just checked the codes and the code 33 is still there, would this cause my problems?
The connector going into the map sensor the clip/lock is broke but the the connector seems firm inside. Also when I had a plug wire off last week the clip came off the wire. I took it all apart and put it back to gether with a good connection on the spark plug wire. Actually I drove the car after that for a short trip and it was fine except for a couple of misses...put that to the disconnected map sensor. When I took it from the house for the first time since last week it was perfect up until about 20 klms into the ride when I would get a scattered miss.

Any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just reset the ECM, put some tape around what seems to be a solid connector on the map sensor, fooled with the wires in and out of the spark plugs, distributor, etc. The car seems fine now but on the way back from a test run which I could really give it to her, I did get a quick chance to give it to her quick and I got some kind of miss.
Probably wouldn't hurt to replace some of the secondary ignition parts?
I would assume the sensor are working fine as the car seems to be really good and it didn't set another code.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock