Miss by raysr11
Started on: 08-12-2014 10:34 PM
Replies: 3 (91 views)
Last post by: raysr11 on 08-13-2014 02:01 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '85 Notch with a 3.4 Hybrid engine. It's all pretty much stock, no big stereo or other electrical demands besides the stock fan and A/C. The A/C is all new and works great. Except that when the A/C is on the engine feels like it "cuts out" for a second, or has a miss or something. Always when the A/C is on. I have a CS130 105 amp alternator. All I can think of is it's electrical. Could it not be getting enough voltage when the A/C is on to make the fuel pump lose pressure for a second? When the fan and A/C is on the voltmeter shows about 2 or 3 lines below(to the left) of 13. I have no starting issues. Ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just the compressor kicking on? It will click once each time it kicks on and put a load on the engine.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
∆∆ What he said ∆∆
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That could be it. Never thought of that. I'm going out with an ohmmeter and let it run for a while and see what it does. Thanks for the replies.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock