Late model cd player and factory subwoofer by notwohorns
Started on: 08-10-2014 03:26 PM
Replies: 5 (762 views)
Last post by: ltlgt88 on 09-24-2014 04:31 PM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am installing a 99 Pontiac cd player in my fiero. Using a "Factory Radios" wiring harness adapter, is it just plug and play? Do I have to do any modifications to the wiring? I know this has been done my other members. Any help would be great. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More than likely you will need an adapter, or do some cutting and splicing to make it work. How do I know this? I found a nice Pontiac radio in the junk yard that I wanted to use, and low and behold the plug on the back of this radio is completely different from the on in the Fiero.

This is the radio: (It's a full double din, but I am modifying the center console for it to fit)

Also be aware that a lot of the radios from the 90's had "anti theft". You can do some Googling on the radio to find out how to get the code or to bypass it all together.

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I was going to buy an adapter from "factory radios" that should plug into the radio and then then factory wiring harness. But I have read somewhere that a wire or two has to be changed
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can use a harness adapter with the performance sound system and sound harness. You just hook it up like you normally would, except you do have to splice two wires together.

EDIT: Taken from this thread.

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

.... cut the blue wire and splice it into the red ... problem solved.

Sorry, I missed the post above but a picture never hurts.

[This message has been edited by rbell2915 (edited 08-10-2014).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your help
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
notwohorns sent you a pm about the fall color tour for NIFE

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock