87 Fiero trans help by chuck3464
Started on: 08-08-2014 06:59 PM
Replies: 7 (143 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 08-12-2014 12:02 AM
chuck3464

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chuck3464Send a Private Message to chuck3464Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello guys , i just got me a 87 GT 2.8 auto fews days ago and the trans hads been changed out...The prob i am having is i cant seem to find the speed , lockout, and the netural safety sw. plugs , I have access to the fiero the 86 gt 2.8 auto the trans came out of and can see the conn. i need but dont see them on the 87 i have , any ideas , sorry for the typo but been awhile on the old keyboard lol, and thanks in advance guys , love the site , been a fiero fan for years
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chuck3464:

Hello guys , i just got me a 87 GT 2.8 auto fews days ago and the trans hads been changed out...The prob i am having is i cant seem to find the speed , lockout, and the netural safety sw. plugs , I have access to the fiero the 86 gt 2.8 auto the trans came out of and can see the conn. i need but dont see them on the 87 i have , any ideas , sorry for the typo but been awhile on the old keyboard lol, and thanks in advance guys , love the site , been a fiero fan for years

Just to clarify your post. You have a ' 87 2.8 Auto Trans you want to put into a 86 GT Fiero that had an automatic in it. You can see the plugs in the wiring harness but cannot find the location to plug them in on the 87 trans.. Is that right?

------------------
Mark
' 85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

chuck3464

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chuck3464Send a Private Message to chuck3464Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no , the trans came out of a 86 gt 2.8 its already been installed in my 87 gt 2.8 im trying to find the lockout connector and the netural safety switch harness , i have found the speed control today
chuck3464

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chuck3464Send a Private Message to chuck3464Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello again guys , i cant find the lockout connector and the netural safety sw. i think i will just pull the harness off the 86 i have for parts and do it that way , and also the trans is not shifting into 3rd now , did befor i hope i dont have to drop in another TRANS
chuck3464

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chuck3464Send a Private Message to chuck3464Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys been reading and got another question , my 87 auto 2.8 may have been a manual , can i tell by the VIN if it was a manual or not , i think it was from the old posts i been reading ..
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the vin only shows the engine not the transmission , example here is mine and the link to check
http://www.fiero.net/vin.html
edit ok it would not show mine but you can run yours

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 08-11-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both 86 and 87 Trans are exactly the same. safety switch is at the shift Lever, tc lockup is the 4 hole plug, speedo at the end of the tube where the pass axle is.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
oops, you said Harness. sorry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay