I may have a failing TCC, unsure... by BrittB
Started on: 05-22-2014 11:50 PM
Replies: 3 (163 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 05-28-2014 07:24 PM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today on the way to work and then back I had issues while at about 50-60 mph with the engine rpm bouncing back and forth approx. 200 rpm. Didn't notice anything at lower speeds except while waiting for a stop light then the idle did move around a little. I suspect it's a TCC going bad on my 85 SE 2.8 TH125 combo but I'm wondering if anyone might have a better idea of what it could be.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check brake pedal switch. Iffy switch or switch moved can cause this.
has ppl and pnk/blk wires.

if is in trans then replace solenoid and 3th gear switch

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is indeed the brake switch, who carries them? I'm looking around currently for the other parts but no one seems to carry the pressure switch other than TFS. I may have to hunt down a well stocked transmission shop in my area.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found out I have a really awesome transmission parts supply house right here in town. The only part they were out of stock on was a new filter which will be here tomorrow. The 3rd gear pressure switch was a wopping $12! I talked to them about swapping the TH125 for a 4T60 and they hate that 4T60 with a passion. With my combo or even if I step up to a 3.4 PR they said to run the TH125. They said the overdrive is the only good thing about the 4T60, the TH125's seem to last plus they are dirt cheap. Food for thought!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock