Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Vibration when accelerating, 86 SE 3.4l V6 auto trans.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Vibration when accelerating, 86 SE 3.4l V6 auto trans. by FieroMaster88
Started on: 05-22-2014 07:32 PM
Replies: 1 (86 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 05-23-2014 08:59 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Click Here to Email FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 SE with a 3.4l pushrod engine and 3 speed auto trans that has a vibration when accelerating. It's bad between 2000-3000 rpm. I've replaced the axle shafts, checked transmission mounts and engine mounts, control arm bushings. Ball joints and tie rods are all good. Does the transmission have support bearings for the axle shafts? The left axle seems to have a good amount of up and down play. It's driving me crazy!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your axles wiggle more than about 1/8th of an inch as you push and pull them, chances are the output bearings are bad. I had that happen to my Getrag....and I think the auto has the same design, but probably a different bearing. What I noticed first was a noise like a small 2 engine airplane makes when the engines are out of sync. If nothing happens when you rev the car in neutral, the engine is okay.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock