Where is the cooling fan relay? by motodadof6
Started on: 05-21-2014 07:30 PM
Replies: 6 (405 views)
Last post by: motodadof6 on 05-22-2014 05:36 PM
motodadof6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motodadof6Send a Private Message to motodadof6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a 86 Gt, and the Haines book doesn't show or tell you where the relay to the cooling fan is located. I'm having cooling trouble. Can anyone help?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if the 86 is the same as my 84, mine's under the front hood above where the heater core goes in.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the forum! read you post wrong at first. You can download the service manuals here; http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

also try the "search" function in the upper right hand corner, it's probably been asked a few times before.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 05-21-2014).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick find! It's on the front bulkhead panel just in front of the drivers headlight. Raise the headlight and you can see it. It's fairly large.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the 86 GT it's located in the front compartment near the driver's side headlight. You can identify the coolant fan relay by the colour of the wires. It will be the one with a red wire, a brown & white wire, a black & red wire, and a dark green & white wire.

(Edited for wire colours)

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 05-21-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, thats where it was on all my 86s. Of course I removed the pop ups on 2 of them completely...(Ferrari and Lambo kits).
motodadof6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motodadof6Send a Private Message to motodadof6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much everyone! I'll replace it and see if it works.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock