Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Please confirm if these are the right cables for the F23.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Please confirm if these are the right cables for the F23. by Purple86GT
Started on: 05-20-2014 12:12 PM
Replies: 6 (228 views)
Last post by: Purple86GT on 05-21-2014 05:18 AM
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m just about to order my cables from California Push Pull..

This is the info they sent me:

Hi , F23 shift=74" overall length, eye fitting one end, small ball cup on the other,

5 Speed select=71.70" overall, eye rod one side, small ball cup on the other.

These cable can be any length because we custom make these cables here in our shop, prices vary on length. We can make these cables in a day or two from date of order. Let us know how we can help.

Thanks David

Can someone please confirm if this is what I need? And is the 5 speed select basically the Getrag select? Should I re-use my Fiero Getrag select cable? What is the length of the stock Getrag select cable?

From those who have purchased these cables, are they the optimal size? Or should I ask for some alterations?

Thanks in advance guys!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the evening crew...
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the ones I am using on the Fiero I am building right now and they work quite nicely
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dan!

since my Fiero Getrag select cable is in good shape, could I re-use this one and just order the shift cable from Cali? Or is thre something special about the select cable from Cali?

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope you can reuse your getrag select cable I usually do unless the cable is sticking or worn.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my shift cable from California Push-Pull installed today with help from Dan. I have to say the car has never shifted better, even considering the shift bracket was made based on the old cable that I had to pull because it broke.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! thanks for the info guys!!!

So 74" is enough? I thought someone had said they would of made it 3-5" longer? I guess that is not so?

I will order my cable today.

Cheers!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock