electrical by maxblaser
Started on: 05-20-2014 12:24 AM
Replies: 2 (179 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 05-22-2014 02:12 PM
maxblaser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maxblaserSend a Private Message to maxblaserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 SE v6 starts fine runs about 5 min then shuts down and wont start i mean the starter wont even turn over turn the key and nothing.let it sit awhile then it starts does the same thing, also the voltmeter drops way down and then it shuts off, so i changed the alt, the oil pressure switch checkes the clutch switch checked the fusable links bought a new batt, still nothing, i dropped the sterring colum today to check ignition switch and there is an arc mark on the big orange wire looks like a 10 AWG size so i cant fing a wireing diagram for it so does anyone know what the big orang wire on the ignition switch is so i can trace down whatever device it is , help i need to get to work and this is kickin my butt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big orange wire runs to the fuse box where it runs to the power windows, the FAN fuse (heater fan) and to the heater controls. It's not your problem.

Buy a VOM and read the voltage on your battery WHEN THIS PROBLEM IS OCCURRING. Read the voltage on the power distribution posts when this problem is occuring.

When this problem is occurring do the headlights work? Do the brake lights work?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-20-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
an "ARC mark", sounds like a LOOSE connection. that's the main feed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock