Clutch hydraulic system won't move by KaijuSenso
Started on: 05-19-2014 05:00 PM
Replies: 2 (88 views)
Last post by: KaijuSenso on 05-20-2014 08:36 AM
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I got my 3400 hooked up again in my 86 GT 4 speed. I went to push in the clutch (just for the clutch lockout switch) and it was incredibly stiff and I realized it was hardly moving and even moving the entire pedal assembly a little. Right now the slave cylinder and bracket are not even attached to the transmission and the car has been sitting up on jackstands for about a year and a half. There is fluid in the reservoir but just below the minimum line.

The last time I was working on my drivetrain, I replaced the entire clutch hardline, slave cylinder, pedal (with Rodney adjustable lever), and replaced the damaged shift arm with the Fiero Store cast iron arm. (Again right now the slave cylinder isn't even hooked up to the trans so it can't be the fork and throwout bearing or clutch pressure plate itself.) A few more years ago the clutch master cylinder was replaced because it was leaking.

What should I check? My plan is to first top off the fluid and disconnect the pedal to make sure it is moving freely. I didn't see the hard line pinched anywhere but I'll take another look. Is there anything else I can check without opening up the hydraulics?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the slave line is capped, that would be normal. If the slave line is open, you may have lost your master cyl. If the slave is still connected to the line, I'm betting it's maxed out and can't move any farther. Try pulling the slave shaft back in and try it.

[This message has been edited by tebailey (edited 05-19-2014).]

KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tebailey! It was just maxed out at the slave cylinder. Pressed the rod back into the slave and the pedal moved freely. Glad it was an easy fix.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock