Beretta/Grand Am Front Brake upgrade by msrservices
Started on: 05-16-2014 09:35 PM
Replies: 4 (439 views)
Last post by: uhlanstan on 05-17-2014 10:08 AM
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got done with my front brake upgrade (took some time waiting for some parts.)

I didn't see anything that specifically mentioned this for this upgrade, but do the bleeder screws point up on the calipers?
I know it's best to have the bleeder screw on top, since the air will rise to the top, but I didn't know if that was how these were originally designed.

With the screws on top, the calipers installed are opposite of what the caliper actually says. So the Beretta RIGHT is actually on the left of the Fiero. (And vice versa)

Is that the correct install?

I only mentioned this because I had a rather annoying issue, because a new caliper was bad and I had to do a warranty return. The Fiero RIGHT caliper was the problem one, but apparently I actually needed a Beretta LEFT.

Everything is now installed and seems to be working fine as installed, but that seems like it would be a good note to have in case a single caliper is needed to be replaced.

-Marty
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct, bleeders up, left is right, right is left.....
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

That's how I installed them (without bothering to actually look at what was stamped on the caliper), it just made sense that way... but it was no fun when I had two RIGHT calipers and didn't know why. haha
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The swap works much better, and has better balance with all four corners swapped. Change the M/C to an early 90's S-10 Blazer as well to restore proper pedal height.
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you need the rear parking brake ,, install Wagner thermo quiets ,,fiero store carbomets, or a top quality pad .. you can even use racing pads ,, that need to heat up,, on the rear only ..
.. The thermoquiets are proven ,, they are on sale right now with a $15.oo rebate at Rock auto, or at some auto part stores
I have the Grand am /Berreta calipers on the rear they STOP,, I do miss the parking brake!!

the Grand Am brakes on the front with thermo quiets in the rear is a great street combination

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 05-17-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock