Need An Answer Please by FieroJosh1993
Started on: 05-16-2014 07:59 PM
Replies: 6 (338 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 05-17-2014 11:26 PM
FieroJosh1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, long time since i posted been very busy with school and work.

Ok so Im done rebuild the 2.8L V6 that Phil sold me last August. Its out of an 86 automatic he said. I found a 87 GT automatic that looks really good. Just want to make sure that my rebuilt engine can work in a 87 model.

Thanks,

Josh
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes. It will except you won't have the right intake unless you switch it over the 87 is meant to have engraved intake and the 86 has normal with a sticker of the fiero But it is strictly cosmetics

[This message has been edited by jonathan2014 (edited 05-16-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJosh1993:

Ok so Im done rebuild the 2.8L V6 that Phil sold me last August. Its out of an 86 automatic he said. I found a 87 GT automatic that looks really good. Just want to make sure that my rebuilt engine can work in a 87 model.

Thanks,

Josh

WHAT ! with all the engine swaps people have done here and you are asking if an 86 engine will work in an 87 car.

Of course it will, hell people have put Northstars, 350 SBC, and I think I read there is even a guy on here who is putting a Suzuki engine in one right now because he is England and those parts are cheaper and more available, in these things and they get them to work.

Just messing with ya.

or are you asking something completely different than I am reading into this?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V6? Should work fine.
Make sure you have correct flex plate (Flywheel) for crank used.
I think... 85-87 OE need balance weight on flywheel. 88 doesn't.
Aftermarket crank needs to double check which type.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

FieroJosh1993

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah, i know putting a 2.8 l in a fiero that has a 2.8l is wierd but hey, its my first time. lol. Thanks guys, just making sure.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if it's weird - I'm in that club, lol. I replaced a 'death-rattle Duke' in my '86 with a Duke from an '87 "all by myself".
Maybe boring for experienced swappers, but it's fun to be successful on your first swap without needing help.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should drive 20 minutes down to bellbrook and I will give you a ride in my 3800na...
To answer your question, should be a simple swap. Make sure to use the 87 engine harness that is in the car.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock