Started on: 05-16-2014 04:22 PM
Replies: 2 (938 views)
Last post by: uhlanstan on 05-17-2014 09:49 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still can't find the cause of the soft brake pedal. Recent rebuilt calipers, all new pads, no leaks and several bleeds have not remedied the problem. Since all else has failed, pulled and rebuilt the master cylinder today with a $9.99 Wagner rebuild kit purchased a while ago from Rock Auto. The rebuild went easy as the bore was clean and pitt free. As long as you work in a very clean environment and install the seals with the lips in the correct positions, the rebuild is at most a 30 minute job. Now to bleed the cylinder, install it and then try to figure out how to best bleed while dealing with the proportioning valve. You cannot use a pressure bleeder on the plastic reservoirs used on Fiero master cylinders so I guess the Mightvac and or gravity bleed is the tool. Anyone have any special tips to share?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
You cannot use a pressure bleeder on the plastic reservoirs used on Fiero master cylinders so I guess the Mightvac and or gravity bleed is the tool. Anyone have any special tips to share?

Why Not? people do it all the time.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had a lot of trouble bleeding Fiero brakes ,you need to use some sort of power bleeder,just do not get carried away
with force
pushing a lot of fluid thru does not seem to work..
you have to avoid pushing pedal all the way down,once you get some firm pedal
you do have to purge the master cylinder,push it down & hold then release front master cylinder pressure ,retighen quickly.then do rear line
I do this alone & use a stick to hold the pedal down,it is very important on the fiero to purge ALL air from the master
I do not bench bleed ,I install & do it on the car !!
My other car is an 89 Jimmy bleeds easily the first time
the one way bleed valves help some times ..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock