2012 GMC Terrain engine into a Fiero by hcforde
Started on: 05-15-2014 10:55 PM
Replies: 5 (393 views)
Last post by: hcforde on 05-17-2014 10:45 PM
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My daughter got rear ended in our 2012 Terrain and the insurance company totaled to car. (She and her sister are fine) It is a 4 cyl with 56,000 miles. Not an exotic powerhouse engine but is it easily doable and what is the max I should pay the insurance company for it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
remember you will need not only the engine, but the trans, custom axles, the computer out of the car, the wiring harness, custom motor mounts, custom exhaust, and many more things,don't forget, LOTS of time.

But, if you go through with it, good luck and have fun!!
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lookup ecotec swap, itll tell you all you need to know.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it isnt what you should pay but what they are going to offer it to you .you have no control there .being a 2012 and rearended that leaves the whole front end to sell .if the airbags did not deploy that makes the wreck worth more .You can do a 2.2 ecotec swap for 1 to 3 thousand dollars depending on wether you go factory wiring or stand alone ECM .the terain is all wheel drive ? then the transmission and axles etc will be no good to you .so it all comes down to how much are you willing to pay for an almost new engine and wiring .my max would be 2000.00
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

it isnt what you should pay but what they are going to offer it to you .you have no control there .being a 2012 and rearended that leaves the whole front end to sell .if the airbags did not deploy that makes the wreck worth more .You can do a 2.2 ecotec swap for 1 to 3 thousand dollars depending on wether you go factory wiring or stand alone ECM .the terain is all wheel drive ? then the transmission and axles etc will be no good to you .so it all comes down to how much are you willing to pay for an almost new engine and wiring .my max would be 2000.00

I have the final yea or nay so to me it is what I should be willing to pay. It is a 2 wheel drive(front), automatic.

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

lookup ecotec swap, itll tell you all you need to know.

Thanks, I thought I was going to be original but WOW there is a lot of info on doing this.

Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock