Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  how should i remove the rear rotor from the hub?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
how should i remove the rear rotor from the hub? by vincent
Started on: 05-15-2014 01:40 PM
Replies: 6 (258 views)
Last post by: fastblack on 05-16-2014 10:35 PM
vincent

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi,
i know the cars here in europe have a nut at the rotor that holds the rotor on his place on the hub .
but today i started to remove the rear wheels and did take of the rear calipers.
but i don't find anything else.
should i just ram it with a rubber hammer? it is full of rust.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup that's how those come off. Beat it like a drum.
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heat applyd where the Roter meets the hub, not to much so u don't cook the bearing and beat with a hammer. If your replaceimng the roter just beat away if not try smacking the center of the roter where the hub contacts the roter between studs. if not beat the outside edge from the back rotate beat some more... Repeat til its free.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fieros come with very thin almost like a sheet metal nut, holding on the rotors, stock. Most are long gone at this point, most people didn't they they ever existed. but look for the thin clips on the studs.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take "LOWTRICKRY"'s advise by using a hammer. Then a bigger hammer. Call in a few friends and form a tag-team match if necessary. Something will eventually give.

(Ask me sometime about left-hand threaded lug nuts on the drivers side)

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heavy metal hammer to the hub! Not the rotor surface, unless you're replacing them. Spray some penetrating oil around the hub and in the lug nuts and let that sit if you need. Might be a good idea to put a few lug nuts on while hammering, if you're a bad shot :P
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

The Fieros come with very thin almost like a sheet metal nut, holding on the rotors, stock. Most are long gone at this point, most people didn't they they ever existed. but look for the thin clips on the studs.

Be sure to check this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock