Started on: 05-10-2014 03:37 PM
Replies: 9 (346 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 05-12-2014 11:40 AM
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey 'Flyer,

I'm making a public post because I'm sure others might need the info.

I'm putting the kit you made me together and I have a few questions.

#1 can you explain the belt routing to me? I have your low mount alternator kit and no AC.. I think I figured out the SC belt but I'm having a hard time figuring out the WP, idler, alternator belt.

#2 for the F23 mounts. How does the smaller bracket mount? Am I supposed to also use the mount from the 2.2 Cavalier? My F23 is completely naked, nothing attached to it. I figured out the larger mount (Looks like I have to grind off a tab from the bottom of the trans differential case)

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will get a photo up for you of the belt configuration and yes some of the F23's have that extra tab and some do not, the brackets are made to work with stock Fiero rubber mounts or Rodney's poly. I can also put up a photo of the brackets mounted if that will help. Dan
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Will get a photo up for you of the belt configuration and yes some of the F23's have that extra tab and some do not, the brackets are made to work with stock Fiero rubber mounts or Rodney's poly. I can also put up a photo of the brackets mounted if that will help. Dan

Thanks 'Flyer! Please post any pictures you have so I can make 100% sure I'm doing it right. Was I supposed to keep any brackets or attachments from the F23? Like I said, mine is stripped naked. Anything that was attached to the case when it was in a Cavalier is no longer attached.

JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisClick Here to Email JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are people offering F23 mounting kits nowadays? I think my getrag is on its final legs for my 3800sc and I wouldn't mind having a newer transmission...

------------------

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroflyer makes an awesome kit. I just have to figure out how one of the brackets fits on the F23.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K finally back home now here is a couple mount shots will dig up a belt rotation photo in a bit.

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! That makes sense now! I'll grind off the tab on the F23 and all should line up!

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing the belt routing options with no AC..

Here is what I came up with so far (using cut belts to mock up so there is no tension at the moment)

I modified the GTP dogbone mount to accept a tensioner (work in progress)

open to other ideas and suggestions.

I'm going to tap the water pump and intake manifold for my heater core lines. I do not want to use the old GTP alternator mount. I want to keep the belts and that side of the engine as simple and nice looking as possible.

Thanks!

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTClick Here to Email Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Revised my belt routing slightly this morning. I had the SC routing wrong.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alt belt routing is correct just need right belt, now when I use the stock 3800 alt bracket with its pulleys a 53.7 inch 6 rib belt fits, not sure whether or not it will work with the upper idler you have though. Dan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock