Could use some help finding some nuts. by gtemplet
Started on: 05-10-2014 12:08 PM
Replies: 6 (280 views)
Last post by: gtemplet on 05-10-2014 07:16 PM
gtemplet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtempletSend a Private Message to gtempletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the title catches some attention. Lol. I have an 87 SE V6 AT. Engine rebuild is done and before installing my engine I decided to clean up the engine bay. While doing this I attempted to remove the AC tubes mounting bracket located inside engine bay on the driver side wheel well. The nuts I'm looking for are the 2 'rubber grommet' nuts that hold the bracket in place. Both nuts spun inside the grommet during removal. I haven't tried the dealership yet but will Mon if no ideas here. Thanks for looking and any help or ideas is appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forget the exact size, but I just replaced mine. Look on the black rubber and there is a number. I got replacements at ACE Hardware, they have a huge wall of fasteners.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

gtemplet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtempletSend a Private Message to gtempletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the quick response Mullet. I destroyed them getting them out. But I'll give ACE a try. Thanks again.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could use some help finding some nuts. by gtemplet

Well you certainly came to the right place, I think almost everyone here is nuts.

Most NAPA parts store carry a good selection of them as well, our local one is open until noon on Sunday, not sure about others but ya any hardware store should have them available.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
majority of the men can find theirs in their wifes hand bag...

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're called Wel-Nuts. Made by Au-Ve-Co. Larger Ace Hardware stores do carry them. Fastenal has a limited variety. If none of those pan out for you, try some of the larger paint and body supply stores or automobile dealer. They're common items for GM.

It's an M6 X 1 GM Cross Reference 10027795.
gtemplet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtempletSend a Private Message to gtempletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84Fiero123: agree you have to be a nut to have one of these damn little cars and thanks for the napa info.

Jb1: not married anymore but I'm pretty sure the X got one and the house, I got the Fiero with a blown head gasket.

Fiero fool: perfect, great info always good to go to a dealership with the right info. Thank you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock